Web Accessibility Training for Drupal Developers
Time: 2:15 p.m.
Room: Principal Financial Group - Room 307
This session is designed to help developers shift their thinking to build accessibility compliant digital content. During this session, developers will experience using automated evaluation tools, learn how to incorporate Drupal core and contributed modules that assist with accessibility into their sites, identify basic accessibility issues at the code level, and finally develop their sites with accessibility always in-mind.
- Common accessibility terms - Learn what those terms mean (What is WCAG?)
- Cool accessibility tools - Utilizing accessibility evaluation tools
- Accessibility in Drupal - What’s happening in the Drupal community with accessibility
- Developing with accessibility in-mind - Incorporating accessibility into your regular development
- Drupal 8 (current)
Notes on Documentation from Class:
1) Google doc: please make a copy of this doc to make changes to your own copy of it.
2) Site download: Please keep in mind that the site download is 327 MB. To get it working on your local follow these steps:
- Download and extract the zipped file
- Place the website at /Users/YOURUSERNAME/Sites/devdesktop/
- Download Acquia Dev Desktop to your computer and follow install instructions
- Open Acquia Dev Desktop and click + button on bottom-left of dialog window
- Select "Import local Drupal site" from the list
- Enter these options
- Local codebase folder: website folder root location (i.e. /Users/YOURUSERNAME/Sites/devdesktop/drupalcorn2018
- Local site name: drupalcorn2018
- Use PHP: LEAVE AS-IS
- Database: Start with MySQL dump file
- New database name: drupalcorn2018
- Click OK
- Follow the steps prompted
- Click on the site listed under "Local site"
If you have any questions feel free to email at katherine at prometsource dot com.